Wednesday, August 28, 2013

200 Years of Pride & Prejudice

2013 marks the 200th anniversary since the publication of 'Pride & Prejudice' - my favorite Jane Austen novel and the one that sparked the tour I took in England.  JASNA (Jane Austen Society of North America), of which I'm a member, has an annual conference every year which I have never attended.  This year, though, it's in celebration of 'Pride & Prejudice' and is being held in Minneapolis.  Perfect!

The conference is at the end of September for 4 days and will include speakers that will address both 'Pride & Prejudice' and the Jane Austen/Regency period in general. Additionally, there are interesting side tours available that will go to the Minneapolis Museum of Art, a Sherlock Holmes tour, and to the Minneapolis Arboretum.  I'm planning to drive over and really looking forward to the whole thing.

In conjunction with my current goal of visiting mansions and historic homes within driving distance (see my 'Vicki's Pensieve' blog for more details), I intend to leave home several days early in an effort to catch some of the homes open to the public.  Should be a fun history-rich week!

No comments:

Post a Comment