Thursday, September 9, 2010

Long, long Day

It's almost midnight here and I hope to get up early tomorrow so this will need to be short.  I took over 150 pictures today and I'll need to sort through them before posting anyway. 

This day started out poorly as I overslept.  I was totally exhausted last night so, instead of getting to my tour bus by 8:30, it was 11:30.  I also missed the big English breakfast that I was counting on.  However, I did have a nice afternoon tea at Kensington Palace and did see an incredible amount on the tour buses, so it really was a good day.

On a whim, I decided to jump off the bus in Picadilly and get a ticket for the theatre at one of those 1/2 price places.  It was really fun and a great evening.

But, now I'm really worn out and still have to plan my day tomorrow.  I'm going to the Tower of London (where the really good beheadings took place) and will probably be there a good bit of the day.  I'm hoping to also catch a Jack the Ripper walk and a Thames cruise.  We'll see how much I can actually get in tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Busy week myself, but not compared to what your doing. So, I just got a chance to catch up on your advdentures. It looks like you are having a great time already. Nothing like some good beheadings! You shouldn't be trying to do early morning stuff - not your way of doing things. Tea sounds great. Can't wait to see more pictures. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Remember to take some deep breaths and just enjoy it, too. Who cares if you sleep in?! Relax, too!

    ReplyDelete