Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday in England

I'm traveling by train from York to London (high speed, non-stop bullet-type train taking approximately 2 hours) and enjoying the weekend crowd of folks making the trip.  The train is not crowded and I'm near two gentlemen who are rabid football (soccer) fans.  It was great fun to hear them talk football just like people back home do.  I also got a tip about getting tickets to see Fulham next Saturday.  [Steve:  both guys highly recommend it as a good stadium and the game will be a good match.]

I was reading the Sunday Times Magazine this morning and found a regular column called "Ask Dr Ozzy", which would be similar to an Ann Landers or Dr. Ruth type of feature.  I can't put all of them in, but I'll put one here for Shilo -- Ozzy's biggest fan.

I'm a heterosexual man but I found myself becoming aroused in the most embarrassing way while getting a Swedish rub-down from a male masseur.  Even worse:  it was a couple's massage and my wife was lying next to me.  She noticed and hasn't talked to me since.

"Tell her it was the thought of a menage a trois that set you off.  Actually, don't do that.  All I can say is, in future, you might want to try avoiding other blokes when you're down the parlour.  Personally, I couldn't think of anything more uncomfortable than being oiled down by some ex-Chippendale while Kenny G plays in the background.  Don't get me wrong:  I ain't got nothing against the gay community, but when someone says the word "Swedish", I think of Ulrika Jonsson, not Bjorn Borg."

He cracks me up.

It was raining when I got up in York this morning, but the weather in London appears to be clearer so I'm hoping to get out this afternoon and evening to do a little more sightseeing.  My list of things to see is longer than the days available in which to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment